January 06, 2014

January Me-Made Outfit

I started planned and sewing this outfit back in September of 2013. The top is finished and the skirt is about halfway there. I was working toward an entry in Pattern Review's Mini-wardrobe contest but life got in the way so I put it away, hanging it all nicely in the closet until I could calmly get back to it. Well, I'm pulling it out for my January Me-Made outfit. Here's the plan:

Make the tie jacket portions of this pattern with sterling grey wool suiting


add this cowl neck top in an amazing, salmon pink, silk chiffon (finished)
 
 
and finish up with a grey striped wool/silk blend in Simplicity's 1919 skirt (finished).
 

I especially like this skirt pattern because of the little ruffle panel in the back.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.