June 25, 2013

Coral Pink Linen Sun Hat

I want this Sunny Side Up Sun Hat:
 
Made from this coral pink linen:


Most of this linen was used to make a fishtail skirt but I should have enough left to make the hat. This is something that I've been dreaming about for some time. I'll be very happy when it's finished. I am really excited to have a hat that I can wear on those extra sunny, summer days.

I have lots of buckram, from my historic sewing, so I will be using it to make this hat structured. I may have enough white linen for the binding and ties but if not, I have a cute piece of stash fabric that is pink with baby rosebuds. The inside will be lined with regular old utility muslin.

There is an event on Saturday that I'd like to wear it to.
Hope that I can get done in time.
Wish me luck. :)