May 21, 2013

Sterling Grey Wool Skirt

I'm finally picking up some speed this month. I have finished the wool skirt that I want to use as part of an entry for the Natural Fabrics contest at PatternReview.com. This wool was purchased for a historic sewing project but the fabric turned out to be way too heavy for that. It's perfect for this modern sewing project though. The pattern used for this is the skirt portion of New Look 6130. I made a size 14 but I think that I will make it again using size 12. I made the peplum top from this pattern here.
 
 
Front

Back

Back vent
 
This was the first time that I used a skirt vent. It's very interesting. I think that I like this technique better than a slit. The instructions were very well written and made this an easy project.

Center back zipper and darts

Inside seam and hem

Inside vent construction

Inside back seam with zipper and darts