March 22, 2013

Tan Cloche Hat

 
I'm dragging this "old" hat out of the closet for Easter this year. I also wanted to share it here. This has got to be one of the easiest hat patterns to follow. It is found in a book (Saturday Night Hats) that I found in the library a few years ago. I have only worn it in public once because it doesn't really fit with my current wardrobe..... but that is all about to change.  

front view
 
You can see that this hat is fully lined and the same material was used for the accent "bow". I'd also like to get a pin or something to spice it up.

back view
 
After making this hat, back in the day, I also started on a long skirt, in the same fabric. My plan is to finish the skirt and also make a cowl neck blouse from the butterscotch silk (bottom of the post here). Keep your fingers crossed that I actually stay on track with this!
 
What's your favorite hat or hat pattern?