March 21, 2013

Easter Ties For The Boys

I don't know about you but I've been in a sewing "funk" lately. I am so looking forward to the spring with all of the pastel fabrics that I have been picking up lately. Somehow, with all of the snow, I just can't seem to make myself sit down and turn them into anything. Well, I resolved to change all of that with a super simple, pick-me-up project to get me going.

It started yesterday with a quick on-line search for new inspiration. I was led immediately to See Kate Sew and her wonderful free patterns page here. My eye landed on the skinny tie tutorial and that was all that it took. She offers a pattern for infants but I just used some of the boys ties that I already had and made my own pattern.

After finding my inspiration, it was time to hit the scrap bag, after all this is a very small project and a great use for long left-overs from other projects. Here are the pieces that I pulled out to use:


The project went together so well that I made each boy a new tie that they can wear before the holidays as well. I will have to make some cute little faux handkerchiefs to match. Now I find myself looking for a cute vest pattern as well. I'll keep you updated if I find one. ;)

Here are the finished ties:


Hopefully, I will remember to post pictures of the boys in their ties. :)