February 01, 2013

My New Fabrics Are Here!

I received my new fabrics today from the $7/yard http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/ wool, silk and linen sale.

Pinks:

Sheer Light Salmon Silk Chiffon Fabric
Suitable for Blouses, Dresses, Overlays & Special Occasion
100% Silk, 42" wide
Hand Wash Cold or Dry Clean
Usually $19.00/yd
 
I really wish that I would have gotten more than just 1 yard of this. It is the most lovely, color change silk that I have ever seen in person! I will be getting more of this..... I hope they have another sale soon.
 
 
 
 Solid Coral Pink Lightweight Linen Fabric
Suitable for Dresses, Slacks & Suits
100% Linen, 59" wide
Hand Wash Cold or Dry Clean
Usually $25.00/yd


This coral linen is very nice, and the weight is just perfect.
This will be such a nice skirt.
 
 
Blues:
 
 Solid Chambray Blue Velvet Fabric Imported from Italy
Suitable for Apparel & Home Decor
100% Cotton, 60" wide
Machine Washable
Usually $30.00/yd
 
I really liked the idea of this velvet, since it is cotton. I was originally thinking a light jacket would be good, but after getting it, I have no idea what it will become. I'm not really thrilled with it as a fashion fabric.
 
 
 Solid Pale Blue Medium Weight Linen Suiting Fabric
Suitable for Dresses, Slacks & Suits
100% Linen, 55" wide
Hand Wash Cold or Dry Clean
Usually $25.00/yd

This fabric doesn't thrill me either. It is a heavy linen, not at all suited for summer. I'm sure it will become something nice, perhaps for fall.... or one of my boys.
 
 
Neutrals:
 
 Solid Butterscotch Yellow Silk Crepe de Chine Fabric
Suitable for Blouses & Linings
100% Silk, 45" wide
Hand Wash Cold or Dry Clean
Usually $25.00/yd


In person, this butterscotch is more of a canary yellow, but it is so soft and drapey and lovely that I couldn't be more happy with it. This will be such a charming top, I can't wait to wear it, and I haven't even decided on a style for it yet.
(Update - Part of this silk became a lovely cowl neck blouse and wrap belt)
 
 
 Solid Brown Light Weight Linen Fabric Imported from Italy
Suitable for Slacks, Suits & Jackets
100% Linen, 59" wide
Hand Wash Cold or Dry Clean
Usually $20.00/yd


This chocolate brown linen is so soft and light. Thankfully, I was smart and picked up more than I needed for a simple skirt. I may get an additional couple of accessories out of this as well.

The Salmon Silk is my favorite piece from this purchase, with the Butterscotch Silk coming in a close second. After that are the Coral and Brown Linens (in that order). Now I am off to find the perfect pattern for each piece of fabric.