August 25, 2017

More Cropped Pants - August Projects

I'm having a bit of drama in fulfilling my sewing goals. The cropped pants and white ruffle top for July went together so easily but finishing those espadrille wedges just never seemed to materialize. I guess the sewing room elves are on vacation..... and I must be too. Lol. I decided to skip the wedges and the bag and the beach cover-up and dive into a very old project that's been on my list for years now, turning my cocoa brown linen into casual and comfy cropped pants. The pattern went together perfectly for my July pants so now the only problem was that I could't, for the life of me, find the brown linen. I looked everywhere, for days.

So I decided to try out another really quick project pattern that I've been drooling over forever. You know, something easy that would pick up my spirits and make me feel productive. Well, that project fell flat. The pattern doesn't fit or work for me in the least. I'd have to do all sorts of complicated changes. No surprise that I passed on that project too.

Then I stumbled onto some other projects that went wrong in one way or another. Oh my!!! What is a girl to do when things are just not working out. Finally, I found that brown linen in a place that I just knew it couldn't be. I was able to throw that pair together and then another pair from an olive green mystery material. I couldn't tell you what the fiber content is or where I got it. I couldn't even tell you how long I had it. Honestly, I don't even care. I'm just thrilled that I am back on the path to happy sewing with two successful projects this month.





 Both pair of cropped pants were made with NewLook 6130 in size 14. I added a waistband and flat felled all my seams by hand. These are so comfortable..... they may become secret pajamas.



Until next time,
Happy Stitching!!



~*Let's Connect ~*~
~*~ FaceBook ~*~ Instagram ~*~ 
~*~ YouTube ~*Pinterest ~*~
~*~ BlogLovin' ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.