October 18, 2015

Work In Progress

Last week I decided to challenge myself to sew for at least 30 minutes a day. I know from past experience that you can really get a lot done that way. My work takes a bit longer because I like to do a lot of homework.

I now have two work in progress items on my sewing table. The first is the project that was the subject of my attention all last week. It's a simple boys vest.



I'm at a stopping point because I want to do snap closures and have no snaps. I'm very happy with the work so far.


Here is a close up of some hand top stitches. The lining directions on this say to stitch seams and turn. Not my favorite lining option because it never lays nicely. Top stitching around the seams helps everything lay better. The pattern did call for fusible interfacing but I omitted that. I'm not a fan of fusibles.

The second project, and the one that will consume my attention for the next several weeks, is a muslin for pants. If this project works out, I will be the proud owner of fitted, straight leg, empire waist slacks of wool suiting. 

I've made a facebook page for everyday updates. Feel free to stop by, say hello and share pictures of your current projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.