May 21, 2018

Olive Leggings ~ McCall's 6173


~ Olive Ponte Knit ~ McCall's 6173 ~

First I want to share with you just how amazing this fabric is!!! It was impressive in the store and even more so after it was washed. It is amazingly soft and the texture is smooth, without flaws. It's a much thicker fabric than I originally wanted but I was so impressed with how wonderful it felt that I purchased it anyway. I suppose that I should also mention that it has two way stretch but really, that's an afterthought.

To say that I'm not usually a fan of synthetic fabrics is a major understatement. Typically, I won't touch the stuff. I am obsessed with high end, natural fabrics. This ponte knit from Joann's may just be the thing to convert me. It's listed as "Refined Ponte" so that may be the difference. The price wasn't anything to sniff at either but thankfully I picked it up during a 40% off sale.

~ Refined Ponte in Solid Olive from Joann Fabrics ~

In my first try with McCall's 6173 I messed up on the sizing but was able to fix it with a strip inserted along the inseam. For this try, I just went with a straight size medium. I did make a few alterations. First I added a few inches to the rise and took off some of the length. Then I omited the elastic in the waistband. I also added top stitching along the seams as well as on the waistband and hems.

~ Olive Ponte Knit Leggings ~ Hand Top Stitching ~ McCall's 6173 ~

This is a quick pattern with each leg only consisting of one piece. There are 6 seams; center front, center back, inseam, waist, and two leg hems. Even with hand stitching I was easily able to finish in one evening.

I hope that all of your sewing projects are going together like a dream.
Until next time, 
Happy Stitching!!

~*Let's Connect ~*~
~*~ FaceBook ~*~ Instagram ~*~ 
~*~ YouTube ~*Pinterest ~*~
~*~ BlogLovin' ~*Twitter ~*~
~*Pattern Review ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.