June 25, 2017

July Sewing Plans

I haven't been getting all the projects finished that I would like and that's putting me behind schedule. Here's a list of the items on my "to make now" list.

1. I need to finish my bathing suit cover up but I'm really not inspired to keep going with it. It's almost finished, though, so I will..... sooner or later.

Simplicity 3750, View B Hack for a Beach Cover Up

2. A canvas backpack is supposed to be on the list to finish up my June outfit.

Butterick B5054 Backpack Pattern

3. For July I am excited to make, what I hope to be, a really cute top and short pants with wedge espadrille outfit. This is the project that I am excited and driven to work on. That said, it's probably going to be the one that gets finished first.

Fabric from my Stash. Suggestions Please!! 

A while ago I posted a picture of some fabrics on Instagram, asking for suggestions of what to make with them. I received some really great suggestions. I'm loving the idea of making this pink table cloth check into short pants. I own and already have worked with New Look 6130 (cropped pants) as shorts and know the waistline and rise fit me well. All I need to do is work up a muslin to check for length and width of the leg. I'm hoping that is a quick make.

NewLook 6130 Short Pants and Pink & White Fabric


Bootstrap Fashion Ruffle Top Pattern

The top is a pattern from Bootstrap Fashion. I just found the company on-line while trying to find a ruffle top pattern to go with the above pants idea. I hadn't used this company before or even heard of them until now. There are lots of blog posts and reviews on PatternReview.com on the company. So, after reading everything I could, I gave the company a try. You choose a pattern, give your measurements and pay with PayPal and your custom pattern hits your e-mail in about 30 minutes as a PDF. I've already printed it, cut it out, and taped it together. Now I just have to make it up. I'm thinking it should go together quickly as well.

Espadrille Wedge Kits

For the shoes, I picked up a couple packs of Dritz espadrille wedges. I need to find some white, embroidered, eyelet fabric to finish a kit for this outfit. Perhaps I can do a cute ancle tie instead of the buckle strap that's suggested.

Here's a video I published to YouTube chatting all about my finished projects and my future plans (listed above). I'd be thrilled if you took the time to watch and add a comment. I'm still not very confident at the whole YouTube thing but hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon.



I hope you are making great progress in attaining your sewing goals.
Until next time,
Happy Stitching!!



~*Let's Connect ~*~
~*~ FaceBook ~*~ Instagram ~*~ 
~*~ YouTube ~*Pinterest ~*~
~*~ BlogLovin' ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.