May 07, 2017

Me Made May 2017 ~ Week 1 Roundup

  Wow! That was crazy and fast. The week came and went in a blur. 



Taking pictures wasn't so bad once I gave into the idea of bathroom selfies. I don't know what I'll do for the days I wear me made skirts??? Perhaps stand on a stool???


Day 1 of Me Made May 2017. I wore a barely there silk chiffon cowl neck, backwards, as evidenced by my bathroom selfie. Lol 😂 I made this in 2013 from McCalls M6563. (blog post here) At the time I was obsessed with finding the perfect cowl neck. I'm not into them anymore. So, this top has been resting for a long while. It's nice and slouchy for hanging out at home.


Day 2 of Me Made May 2017. I made this linen top from  NewLook 6808 in 2013. (blog post here) I was afraid to try a zipper so I made it a little big and use it as a pullover. 


Day 3 of Me Made May 2017. I found a new pajama top today. I made this cowl neck, cotton top in 2014 from Simplicity 1716. (blog post here) I'm not into that neckline anymore but this knit is so comfortable, it's a keeper.


Day 4 of Me Made May 2017 - I just finished this refashion/wearable muslin of Simplicity 3750 on Tuesday (blogged here). Feeling a bit naked because I don't usually have such a low neckline. Just call me old fashioned.  I have a short list of fitting corrections for the final project.


Day 5 of Me Made May 2017. This is turning out to be a great way to clear out the pieces I can't/don't wear anymore. The striped cowl neck was a wearable muslin from McCalls M6563 (details here). The yellow silk cowl neck is my very first modern top project ever (blogged here). Both have matching sashes. Neither of them fit me.  What can I remake these into???


Until next time,
Happy Stitching!!!



~ * Let's Connect ~ * ~
~ * ~ FaceBook ~*~ Instagram ~ * ~ 
~ * ~ YouTube ~*Pinterest ~ * ~
~ * ~ BlogLovin' ~ * ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.