July 04, 2016

Current Sewing Goals

I'm really excited to publish this blog post because it showcases not only my current sewing plans but also my first video.
Butterick B5917, Grey Pinstriped Synthetic, Tan Tropical Weight Wool


I am loving the skirt portion of Butterick's B5917. This grey pinstriped synthetic reminds me of the 90's so much that I am going with a menswear inspired, suspendered, pencil skirt. For the tan, tropical weight, wool I'm planning a mid calf, pencil skirt with a deep, accordion, kick pleat.


Cream & Red Pinstripe Tropical Weight Wool, Butterick B5391,
Simplicity 3688, & Butterick B5685

I have several plans for this beautiful cream tropical weight, pinstripe wool. First, I'd like to finish the jacket that I started several seasons ago using Butterick B5685. Second, it would be really fun to have a pair of wide leg pants from this fabric. The only problem that I have is that I'm not sure what pattern to use. I currently have Butterick B5391 and Simplicity 3688.



Sterling Grey Stretch Wool Suiting, McCall's M6173

For this grey, stretch, wool suiting I'm wanting to try McCall's M6173 view A. The pattern calls for a zipper but I'm planning to just leave the seam open and add an extension to the back panel. I'd also love to figure out how to add a high waistline.



Violet Burnout Cotton, Simplicity 1460

I love this peplum pattern and very excited to try the top view with short peplum and scalloped collar. I don't think the peplum will stand up by itself so I'm planning on adding horsehair braid to help it stand up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.