September 25, 2015

Time For Another Sewing Challenge

Ok, since we got back from vacation I have been sketching and planning and sketching and planning and doing absolutely no sewing at all. This has got to stop!!! I know that just sewing a few minutes a day can get loads of sewing goals accomplished.... so that is exactly what I'm going to do. I am challenging myself to sew for 30 minutes a day.

I already started.. well sort of. If you count watching a sewing tutorial, or if you count diving into your stash to take inventory and get inspiration. So far my sewing to-do list goes like this:

~ Blue Corduroy Jacket as a muslin for a ....
~ Jacket of Grey Wool
~ Another Pencil Skirt with self fabric button suspenders (going with a masculine theme)
~ Feminine twist on a French Cuff shirt (short sleeves)
~ White Sheet Set for the guest bedroom (I know, boring but greatly needed)
~ Altered Curtains (another lame but very important household item)
~ A Modern Corset (don't give me grief about altering my shape, the 4 children I birthed have moved my organs so much I'm not sure that even they know where they are supposed to be. Lol)

I'll probably knock out the curtain modification first simply because I know it will be a quick project. The second easiest would be the pencil skirt since it's like the forth or fifth time of making it. Lol. I'm really excited to start on the jackets but I don't have a lot of confidence in that area so I'm not sure where they stand in the line up.

I hope that all of your sewing adventures are moving along smoothly for you.
Happy Stitching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.