January 09, 2017

New Fabric For January

I have been lusting after the gold and red silk fabric that I saw months ago. In fact that fabric hasn't gone out of my mind at all and haunted me all through the holidays. I was so relieved that there was some still available when we went back to the fabric store, over the weekend. I grabbed 2 yards, matching thread and an invisible zipper and was on to check on my guys.



I was able to talk my husband and the boys into going with me. I want to make some curtains for the boys' room and I wanted them to pick out the fabric. I'm not sure if they had any fun but they came away with very different ideas of what they wanted. 




My older son found this very interesting world map print fabric. He is very much into maps and this is right up his alley. He liked this particular map print because the continents are legibly labeled.

My younger son found this fish print. He was just as adomite as his brother that his choice was the best. He was also just as excited as his brother that the fish were legibly labeled. 

I didn't end up getting any fabric for the curtains because, ironically enough, I hadn't taken measurements and didn't have a clue how much to get. We did however, settle on a complimentary fabric (that matches both the fish and map choices) for the curtains. It's a simple blue. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.