I wanted to get the kit from Dritz's Amazon store for around $10, including shipping. However, it's listed as an add on and wouldn't let me purchase unless I added $25 worth of other stuff to my cart. Um, no thanks. So I ended up getting these from a seller on eBay.
After much personal debate I decided to go with black linen, simply because I had ordered a lot for my pajamas. The lining is a historical reproduction quilting cotton.
The pattern went together beautifully. It was a bit fiddley around the toe, getting the ease to fit. Nothing horrible though. If I wasn't so particular, I could have been finished in a day. But that's just not how I do things. Lol
I fiddled and worked out all the ease. I picked out the inside and outside seams and smoothed all the extra fabric down before I stitched it closed again. The directions say to stitch the back piece under the toe piece but I sandwiched it inside, instead. I just like the finish better that way.
The scariest part was actually sewing the blanket stitching to attach the fabric to the sole. I was so intimidated with this final step that I put this project on a shelf for a while. Every day these unfinished shoes stared at me. Finally I took the plunge and finished them.
I can't wait to get another kit.... I'm not sure if I want another pair of flats or a pair of wedge heels.
Until next time,