April 17, 2017

Dritz Espadrille Kit ~ I Made Shoes!!!!!

I made a pair of espadrilles!!!! I'm really very pleased! I do admit that if you are going to make shoes, these have to be the easiest and least expensive way to go.




I wanted to get the kit from Dritz's Amazon store for around $10, including shipping. However, it's listed as an add on and wouldn't let me purchase unless I added $25 worth of other stuff to my cart. Um, no thanks. So I ended up getting these from a seller on eBay. 


After much personal debate I decided to go with black linen, simply because I had ordered a lot for my pajamas. The lining is a historical reproduction quilting cotton. 


The pattern went together beautifully. It was a bit fiddley around the toe, getting the ease to fit. Nothing horrible though. If I wasn't so particular, I could have been finished in a day. But that's just not how I do things. Lol


I fiddled and worked out all the ease. I picked out the inside and outside seams and smoothed all the extra fabric down before I stitched it closed again. The directions say to stitch the back piece under the toe piece but I sandwiched it inside, instead. I just like the finish better that way. 




The scariest part was actually sewing the blanket stitching to attach the fabric to the sole. I was so intimidated with this final step that I put this project on a shelf for a while. Every day these unfinished shoes stared at me. Finally I took the plunge and finished them.

I can't wait to get another kit.... I'm not sure if I want another pair of flats or a pair of wedge heels.
Until next time,
Happy Stitching


~*Let's Connect ~*~
~*~ FaceBook ~*~ Instagram ~*~ 
~*~ YouTube ~*Pinterest ~*~
~*~ BlogLovin' ~*~



2 comments:

  1. These look really awesome! Thanks for the review. I'm now itching to make some shoes for myself too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments.