March 14, 2014

I Need A "No Brainer" Project

...and I thought that I had found one.

Last week I pulled out my fabric stash and paired up a few things. Now, I find myself constantly going back to this post and trying to figure out which project would be the simplest and quickest and most enjoyable.... but the only thing that catches my eye is this image:

yellow cotton for a t-shirt, 
geometric print canvas and floral cotton for a bag and
 black linen for a skirt

Of the three projects, the simplest should be the Simplicity 1808 top.... so that's what I had planned on doing. HA! While this top probably isn't really all that hard, it does include elastic, 6 pieces for the neckline, a center back seam and other little details that make this "not just another t-shirt". While that's really nice, it's not what I'm looking for right now. I Need a "no brainer" project.

Looking through my patterns I realize that I have very few that call for knits. Then I came across this one:


This was the first cowl neck pattern (view E) that I used last year and I made it up in a woven silk. You really couldn't ask for a simpler pattern. I had forgotten that I wanted to make this in a long sleeve version, for winter use. Perhaps if the short sleeve version works up quickly, I will make a long sleeve one also.

The only real alteration that I make for this is to cut the back on the fold. I don't care for the center back seam. So all I have to work with are a front, back and two sleeves. Oh, yeah! How's that for a "no brainer"?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.