April 24, 2017

Raglan Sleeve Tee - Vintage Simplicity


Let me just say that I am loving this t-shirt pattern. I'm not really a t-shirt kind of girl but this pattern has everything that I want.

Simplicity 8471 Published in 1978

It's a 1970s, raglan sleeve, knit pattern from Simplicity. I used a gorgeous, black, cotton, lace fabric from my local shop and some of their black, cotton, jersey. The jersey is mixed with something but I didn't take note of what. I just went with the thickest black jersey that they had. 

Black Cotton Lace

The package size only goes up to a 16 but according to the recommendation chart, I needed a size 18. Grading up was easy, I just added a bit to the center front and center back. The sleeves didn't need finishing because the lace had a beautiful, scalloped, trim on the edge that I left plain. I did take the time to flat fell all of my other seams and the neckband went on like a dream. 

I will definitely be making this top again. It's supposed to be the top to my pj set but I'll be wearing this with jeans and anything else I can think of. I'm so pleased with how well, and easily, and quickly, it worked up. 

I hope that all of your sewing projects are going together like a dream.
Until next time, 
Happy Stitching!!



~*Let's Connect ~*~
~*~ FaceBook ~*~ Instagram ~*~ 
~*~ YouTube ~*Pinterest ~*~
~*~ BlogLovin' ~*~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments.